Raw Energy Bar Recipe
Enjoy these nutritious superfood raw energy bars – not only are they quick and easy to make, but they are the perfect breakfast or snack option when you are short on time!
Ultimate Raw Energy Bar
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 8-10 bars
1 cup dried mulberries
1/2 cup dried goji berries
1/2 cup dried goldenberries (inca berries)
2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 cup chopped raw walnuts
1 cup soft Medjool dates (about 10 or 11), pits removed
1/2 cup chopped roasted sacha inchi seeds (optional)
1. In a food processor, grind all ingredients until a coarse dough has formed (this process may take a couple of minutes). Stop the machine and check the consistency.
2. Pinch the dough between two fingers and make sure it sticks together easily so that your bars don’t end up crumbly. If the dough is too dry, add a tiny amount of water – about 1/2 teaspoon at a time – and blend again until the desired stickiness is achieved.
3. Place a large sheet of plastic wrap on a flat surface and pour dough on top.
4. Gather dough into a solid mass in the center, and sprinkle the sacha inchi on top (optional).
5. Stretch the sides of the plastic to wrap over the dough as tightly as possible, pressing, pounding, and shaping into a compact 1-inch thick rectangle.
6. Once you’ve formed what looks like one very large energy bar, remove the wrap and cut into 8-10 individual bars.
~ Courtesy of SuperFood Kitchen by Julie Morris