Winter Citrus Salad Recipe
Add a little sunshine and sweetness to your life this winter! Enjoy this beautiful salad made with fresh seasonal citrus – it is flavorful, colorful, and delicious… Bon Appetit!
Winter Citrus Salad
Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
1 red grapefruit
2 navel oranges
2 blood oranges
2 tablespoons natural cane sugar
2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, plus more for serving
2 tablespoons toasted almond slices, for serving (optional)
1. Segment the grapefruit and oranges: Slice 1/2 to 3/4 inch (1 to 2 cm) off the top and bottom off the citrus fruit so the inner flesh is exposed.
2. With a paring knife, slice the skin and white pith off the fruit.
3. Cut out segments in between the membranes. Place the segments on a plate and repeat for the rest of the citrus.
4. In a food processor, process the sugar mint leaves together until finely chopped. The sugar should look green.
5. Sprinkle the mint sugar over the citrus segments.
6. Top with fresh mint leaves and toasted almond slices, if desired.
~Courtesy of The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon