Thai Pork With Peanut Sauce Recipe
Discover this delicious, healthy and easy-to-make Asian inspired slow cooker recipe. This all-in-one dish can be prepared ahead of time and is the perfect meal to enjoy on a busy winter’s day. Bon Appetit!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Slow Cooker Time: 8 to 9 hours on low
2-pound boneless pork loin, trimmed of fat and cut into 4 pieces (hormone & antibiotic free)
2 large organic red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup organic creamy peanut butter
½ cup chopped organic green onions (as garnish)
¼ cup dry-roasted organic peanuts (as garnish)
1. Coat the slow cooker with olive oil.
2. Put the pork, bell peppers, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, and garlic in the slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low until the pork is fork-tender.
4. Remove the pork from the cooker and coarsely chop.
5. Add peanut butter to the liquid in the cooker; stir well to dissolve and blend with the liquid to make the sauce.
6. Return the pork to the sauce and stir to coat the meat evenly.
7. Serve in shallow bowls and sprinkle each serving with some of the green onions and peanuts
Recommendation: Serve over hot jasmine rice
~Courtesy of Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker by Beth Hensperger and Julie Kaufman