Sweet Potato Coconut Curry with Shrimp Recipe
Comfort food should always be this delicious, easy and nutritious. This guest-worthy slow cooker recipe is a breeze to prepare, perfect for winter nights and packed with good-for-you ingredients!
Sweet Potato Coconut Curry with Shrimp
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Slow cooker time: 6 to 8 hours on low/ 3 to 4 hours on high
Additional cook time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil, cold-pressed
2 onions, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger-root, minced
1 cup organic vegetable stock
2 organic sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
½ cup coconut milk
1 pound cooked, peeled wild-caught shrimp
¼ cup slivered organic almonds (optional)
¼ cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
2. Add onions and cook, stirring until softened, about 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic and ginger-root and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add vegetable stock and transfer to slow cooker.
5. Add sweet potatoes and stir well.
6. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours, until sweet potatoes are tender.
7. In a small bowl, combine curry paste and lime juice.
8. Add to slow cooker and stir well.
9. Stir in coconut milk and shrimp.
10. Cover and cook on high for 20 minutes, until shrimp are hot.
11.Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with almonds and cilantro, and serve.
Courtesy of Living Cuisine by Renée Loux Underkoffler