Roasted Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Savor this colorful, nutritious soup full of wonderful flavors and creamy texture – enjoy it for lunch or dinner on a cool spring day!
Roasted Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Soup
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8
2 large organic sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup chopped onions
¼ cup grapeseed oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
3 or 4 garlic cloves, minced
4 large roasted organic red peppers, coarsely chopped
4 to 5 cups vegetable stock
1 cup coconut milk
Large handful of fresh sweet basil, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place sweet potatoes and onions on a baking sheet. Drizzle with some of the grapeseed oil.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes or until golden.
4. Heat the remaining grapeseed oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the celery carrots, garlic, and salt to taste.
5. Stir in the roasted peppers and sweet potato mixture and cook on medium for 10 minutes.
6. Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
7. As soon as it starts boiling, reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
8. Using an immersion blender or blender, puree the soup to the desired consistency. Adjust seasoning. Stir in most of the basil, reserving a few leaves for garnish.
9. Serve garnished with the remaining basil leaves.
~ Courtesy of THRIVE Energy Cookbook by Brendan Brazier