Raw Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Here’s a fun and intriguing twist on the always popular strawberry shortcake recipe – it’s raw, healthy, dairy-free, and delicious!
Raw Strawberry Shortcake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Dehydrating Time: 5 hours
1 ¼ cups almond flour
2 cups raw oat flour
2 cups strawberries
1/2 cup coconut butter, softened
½ cup agave nectar
1 cup cashew whipped cream*
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1 cup strawberries
¼ cup agave nectar
1. Mix together almond flour and oat flour.
2. Puree strawberries in food processor.
3. Add coconut butter and agave. Pulse until combined.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
5. Place four oiled 5-inch molds on nonstick sheet.
6. Distribute batter between molds.
7. Dehydrate for 1 hour at 145°F. Reduce heat to 116° and dehydrate for 4 more hours.
8. Remove rings and dehydrate until dry but still a little moist. If you press on the top, it will not be gooey or hard.
1. Fold sliced strawberries into whipped cream.
1. Blend well.
1. Place small cake on plate.
2. Top with filling.
3. Pour strawberry sauce on top.
*Cashew Whipped Cream:
Blend together 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight and drained) & 1 cup water, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup agave nectar and chill.
~Courtesy of Rawmazing Desserts by Susan Powers