Raw Pumpkin Pie Recipe
You will love every bite of this smooth, delicious, and creamy pumpkin pie. This unique raw pie recipe takes a little more time to prepare, but will greatly impress your health-conscious guests this Thanksgiving. Enjoy!
Raw Pumpkin Pie
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Soak Time: Cashews – overnight/ Pumpkin – 3 hours
Dehydrating Time: 3-4 hours
Yields: 1 pie
2 cups raw organic pecans
4 organic dates, soaked until soft
1 medium sugar pumpkin (about 5 cups), chopped *
3 cups filtered water (divided)
½ cup agave nectar
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup coconut butter, softened
½ cup organic raw cashews **
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon cloves
* Start preparing the pumpkin the day before. Preparation directions below
** Soak overnight, rinse, and drain
1. Put pecans into a food processor with dates and blend until well ground.
2. Press into 8-inch pie plate and refrigerate.
1. Peel the pumpkin and cut in half. Slice into 1-inch slices and chop into pieces that are about 1/8 inches thick.
2. Place on dehydrator screens and dehydrate at 115 degrees for about 3-4 hours. Remove before they get hard!
3. Place the dehydrated pumpkin in a bowl. Cover with two cups of the water and let sit for about 3 hours.
1. Place all ingredients (except for 1 cup water and cashews) into a food processor and process until it becomes a mash.
2. Add the cashews and process until well mixed.
3. Transfer half the mixture to high-speed blender. Add ½ cup water and blend until smooth.
4. Repeat with remaining filling and ½ cup water.
5. Mix the two batches together.
1. Spoon the filling into the crust.
2. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours before serving.
~Courtesy of Rawmazing by Susan Powers