Raw Almond Butter Cup Recipe
Indulge in this guilt-free and decadent raw nutritious treat – it’s perfect as a late morning or afternoon snack for the whole family. Fuel your body with delicious high octane ingredients. Enjoy!
Raw Almond Butter Cups
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 24 almond butter cups
3 cups raw organic almonds
1 cup raw organic walnuts
1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
6 organic Medjool dates, pitted, chopped & soaked
3 tablespoons agave nectar, maple syrup or coconut nectar
1/3 cup organic coconut oil, melted (low heat)
1/3 cup raw organic almond butter
1/3 cup agave nectar, maple syrup or coconut nectar
1/4 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (alcohol free)
For Chocolate Sauce Topping
1 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup organic coconut oil, melted (low heat)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup agave nectar
3 tablespoons water (filtered)
1. Combine the almonds and walnuts in a food processor until the nuts are in very small pieces.
2. Add the cacao nibs and pulse until they are the same size as the nuts.
3. Add the dates and agave, pulse until a dough forms.
4. Thinly press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of 24 small cupcake molds and set aside.
1. Combine all the ingredients in the blender and process until smooth.
2. Divide the filling among the molds and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Spoon chocolate topping over the molds and serve.
~ Courtesy of Thrive Energy Cookbook by Brendan Brazier