Orange Mini Muffin Recipe
Discover these delicious and healthy miniature muffins – perfect as a quick on-the-go breakfast or as a tasty snack. You’ll enjoy savoring their beautiful aroma as they bake. Bon appetit!
Orange Gem Mini Muffins
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: 16-18 minutes
Makes: 24 mini muffins
1/3 cup organic apple juice
2 teaspoons flaxseed powder
1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons hemp seeds
1/3 cup organic applesauce
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely minced
1/3 cup dried goji berries
1/4 cup fresh organic apple, finely minced
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan or use paper liners.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed powder and apple juice.
3. Let stand for 15 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken into a gel.
4. In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and hemp seeds.
5. In a medium bowl whisk together the gelled flaxseed mixture with the applesauce, coconut oil, agave nectar, vanilla, and orange zest.
6. Mix the minced ginger, goji berries, and minced apple.
7. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined – do not overmix. Batter will be thick.
8. Distribute the batter among the muffin cups and lightly smooth the top.
9. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Let the muffins cool slightly before popping them out of the pan onto a cooling rack.
11. Muffins can be stored in an airtight container or bag for up to 1 week.
~ Courtesy of Superfood Snacks by Julie Morris