Orange-Almond Truffle Recipe
Enjoy this raw, healthy and delicious truffle recipe that’s quick and easy to make – it only takes 20 minutes!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Makes: 20 truffles
2 cups almonds
1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 teaspoons orange zest
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon vanilla powder, or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons cacao powder
1. Place all ingredients except cacao powder into a food processor and process until well combined and the mixture begins to stick together. You can check for stickiness by pressing the mixture between your fingers.
2. Scoop out one heaping tablespoon at a time and roll into twenty balls using your hands.
3. Sprinkle cacao powder onto a flat clean surface, such as a dinner plate, and roll the truffles in it until coated. Shake off the excess cacao.
4. Truffles can be served immediately or chilled to firm up.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for two weeks or in the freezer for two months.
~ Courtesy of Raw & Simple by Judita Wignall