Moroccan Chicken Tagine Recipe
Discover this original Moroccan-style dish, infused with flavorful spices and traditionally cooked in an earthenware pot. Enjoy this healthy, delicious and exotic chicken recipe. Bon Appetit!
Moroccan Chicken Tagine with Prunes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
2 large organic chicken breasts cut into 2-inch chunks
1 yellow onion, sliced into strips
2 cloves minced garlic
½ teaspoon powdered ginger
½ teaspoon powdered cinnamon
10 organic pitted prunes
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a deep pan and saute onions on low heat until translucent for about 10 minutes.
2. Add everything except prunes and mix well.
3. Add ½ cup water, cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. Chicken should be cooked all the way through, but not dried out.
4. Add prunes and cook another 5 minutes until they get soft and saturated with juice.
5. Top with toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley
~ Courtesy of Integrative Nutrition: Feed Your Hunger for Health and Happiness by Joshua Rosenthal