Horseradish Mashed Potato Recipe
Embrace the cooler weather with this warm, delicious fall mashed potato recipe. Horseradish gives traditional potatoes a tasty and unique kick. Enjoy!
Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Yields: 5 cups
3 pounds organic russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, cold-pressed
2/3 cup grated fresh horseradish
3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
1 cup organic vegetable broth
1 cup organic unsweetened soy milk
1. Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover, bring pot to a boil over high heat.
2. Cover pot and boil potatoes for 10 minutes.
3. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
4. Add horseradish and sauté, stirring, for about 3 minutes to soften the horseradish.
5. Add dill, broth, and soy milk and bring to a boil.
6. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 minutes.
7. Drain the potatoes into a colander and return to the now empty pot.
8. Add simmered horseradish mixture and mash thoroughly with a potato masher until smooth.
9. Add salt to taste and serve immediately.
~Courtesy of Street Vegan by Adam Sobel