Honey-Macadamia Nut Halibut Recipe
Here’s a quick, easy and delicious seafood dish that combines flavorful and unique ingredients with just the right amount of sweetness and crunch. This healthy recipe creates an impressive main course and is great when you’re short on time. Enjoy!
Honey-Macadamia Nut Halibut
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
4 4-oz halibut fillets (1-inch thick)
¼ cup macadamia nuts
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Chop nuts, spread on a cookie sheet and toast in oven at 350 degrees until golden brown (about 5 to 7 minutes). Check every minute or two and stir to toast evenly.
2. Heat oil in a skillet.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of each fish fillet and cook first side over medium heat for 4 minutes.
4. Flip each fillet and cook for 3 minutes on the other side.
5. While fish is in the pan, spread a layer of honey on each fillet and add a layer of nuts on top.
6. Flip over and cook for 2 minutes, while you add honey and nuts to the other side.
7. Flip again and cook 2 minutes.
8. Halibut is cooked when the meat is no longer translucent.
9. Remove from heat and serve.
~ Courtesy of Integrative Nutrition: Feed Your Hunger for Health and Happiness by Joshua Rosenthal