Grilled Chicken with Tomato Relish Recipe
Explore this delicious recipe full of unique flavors and colors to add a twist to your traditional grilled chicken dish. Enjoy!
Grilled Chicken with Cucumber, Radish & Cherry Tomato Relish
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
¼ cup white-wine vinegar, plus more for drizzling
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small jalapeno chile, quartered (ribs and seeds removed for less heat, if desired)
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
5 radishes, very thinly sliced
8 ounces organic cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small red onion, finely diced
Canola or safflower oil, for grill
6 boneless, skinless hormone & antibiotic free chicken breast halves (4 to 5 oz each)
1 cup fresh mint leaves, torn, plus whole leaves for garnish
1. Combine vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, jalepeno and ¾ teaspoon salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve; discard solids. Let cool completely.
3. Combine cucumber, radishes, tomatoes and red onion in a bowl. Pour in vinegar mixture and toss to coat.
4. Heat grill (or grill pan) to medium-high; lightly oil hot grates.
5. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
6. Working in batches, grill chicken until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and let stand 10 minutes.
7. Stir torn mint into relish. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with vinegar, if desired.
8. Spoon relish on top of chicken and garnish with mint leaves.
~ Courtesy of Clean Slate, A Cookbook and Guide by editors of Martha Stewart Living