Goldenberry Pistachio Bar Recipe
Avoid feeling drained by fueling your body with these satisfying and nutritious snack bars. A perfect treat for the whole family on busy days heading into the holiday season. Enjoy!
Goldenberry Pistachio Bars
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 8 bars
2/3 cup organic Medjool dates (about 6-7 large), pitted
2/3 cup raw organic almonds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed organic lemon juice, or more as needed
2/3 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
2/3 cup dried goldenberries
1. In a food processor, combine the dates, almonds, chia seeds and lemon juice until it forms a thick dough.
2. Add the pistachios and goldenberries and process until the mixture sticks together but is still chunky.
3. If dough is too dry add 1 teaspoon lemon juice at a time until dough sticks together.
4. Place dough on large sheet of plastic wrap and press into a compact square.
5. Tightly wrap in the plastic and condense it further into a 6-inch square.
6. Unwrap the dough and cut it into bars or bites.
*Bars will last several weeks unrefrigerated and covered or store in freezer for longer-term use.*
~Courtesy of Superfood Snacks by Julie Morris