Fish Soft Tacos With Tomato Peach Salsa Recipe
Discover this fresh summer dish that’s full of colorful & flavor-filled ingredients. Choose your preferred wild-caught fish and enhance it with this delicious marinade & salsa. Enjoy!
Fish Soft Tacos With Tomato Peach Salsa
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Marinade Time: 30-40 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-6 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
For Fish Tacos:
1 pound fresh wild-caught Alaskan salmon or halibut fillets, skinless
Organic corn or brown rice tortillas, warmed
Thinly sliced avocado
Thinly sliced organic Napa cabbage or romaine lettuce
Grated organic raw jack cheese, optional
2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ cup wheat-free tamari or 1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon Mexican Seasoning
Virgin coconut oil, for sautéing
2 firm organic plum tomatoes, diced small
1 ripe firm organic peach, diced small
½ small organic red onion, finely diced
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
½ cup chopped organic cilantro
1 to 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
Sea salt, to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
For Fish Tacos:
1. Cut fish into 1-inch cubes.
2. Place the fish into a bowl or shallow dish and add the marinade. Mix the fish and marinade in the dish gently with a spoon.
3. Let marinate for 30 to 40 minutes in the refrigerator. While the fish is marinating, prepare other ingredients for tacos and salsa.
4. To cook fish, heat a 10-inch skillet over medium heat and add about 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil. Add cubed fish and gently sauté for 5 to 6 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
1. Place ingredients in to a small bowl and gently mix.
2. Top off your fish taco with this delicious salsa blend.
~ Courtesy of The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook by Alissa Segersten & Tom Malterre
Tags: Alaskan halibut, Alaskan salmon, cilantro, corn tortillas, jalapeno, lime juice, marinade, Mexican seasoning, Napa cabbage, organic, plum tomatoes, raw jack cheese, red onion, romaine lettuce, sauteing, sea salt, tacos, tamari, wild-caught