Coconut-Lime Chicken with Almond Dipping Sauce Recipe
Discover this delicious and exotic chicken entrée which can be prepared ahead of time and sautéed minutes before guests sit down to eat. This recipe blends together a beautiful and unique combination of tastes, textures, and healthy ingredients. Enjoy!
Coconut-Lime Chicken with Almond Dipping Sauce
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
2 large organic chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
Virgin coconut oil, for sautéing
2 tablespoons coconut milk
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
For Almond-Lime Dipping Sauce:
6 tablespoons organic raw almond butter
¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ cup coconut milk
1 to 2 tablespoons of wheat-free tamari
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 to 2 cloves garlic, crushed
1. Place chicken breast in bowl and cover with ingredients for marinade.
2. Evenly distribute marinade over chicken and let sit for 20-30 minutes.
3. Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium high heat and add one tablespoon coconut oil.
4. Add chicken pieces and sauté for 3-5 minutes (or until chicken is cooked), stirring frequently.
5. Place all ingredients for dipping sauce into a bowl and whisk together until thick and well-combined.
6. Sauce can be warmed over the stove on low heat, if desired.
7. To serve, divide dipping sauce into four small bowls for each person to use.
~Courtesy of The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook by Alissa Segersten & Tom Malterre, MS, CN