Chai Chicken Recipe
A perfect recipe for a cold winter’s day – enjoy the warmth of the dish, the exotic blend of the spices, and the creaminess of the cocount milk!
Chai is an Indian way of drinking tea – you can either buy chai tea bags, or make it yourself by putting shredded ginger, cinnamon powder and ground cardamom seeds into a pot with 2 cups of water and bringing it to a boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to bring the flavor out of the spices, then add your tea and stir.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
4 chicken legs
4 to 5 sliced carrots
1 cup coconut milk
2 cups chai tea
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken and carrots in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a pot, combine coconut milk and tea and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Cover with lid and bake in the over at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with brown basmati rice and greens. Use coconut milk mixture as a sauce.
~ Courtesy of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition