Buckwheat Waffle Recipe
Here’s a quick & easy breakfast mix to stock up your pantry in preparation for a productive week. Made with delicious, healthy, organic whole grain ingredients – these waffles are highly nutritious and will help fuel your busy mornings. Enjoy!
Buckwheat Waffle Mix
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: Approx. 2 Minutes
Serves: 7 cups dry mix
To Make Dry Mix*:
2 cups organic buckwheat flour
4 cups organic oat flour
1/3 cup coconut sugar, or 1/4 cup organic sugar
6 tablespoons organic ground flax seeds
5 tablespoons baking powder (aluminum-free)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
* This mix can be stored 3 to 4 months
1 cup organic non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
1 cup Buckwheat Waffle Mix (see above)
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with a wire whisk (if desired the mixing can be done in a food processor or with an electric mixer).
2. Store dry ingredients in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 to 4 months.
1. Combine the milk and vanilla in a medium bowl, then whisk in 1 cup Buckwheat Waffle Mix with a few strokes until combined.
2. Let it sit for a few minutes while the waffle iron heats up; it will thicken a bit.
3. Brush hot waffle iron lightly with oil or non-stick spray.
4. Pour the mixture into the iron and cook until crispy and brown.
~Courtesy of The Homemade Vegan Pantry by Miyoko Schinner