Baked Artichoke Dip Recipe
Share this classic rich and creamy appetizer with guests at your next event – it’s just the right blend of healthy and decadent ingredients. Enjoy!
Baked Artichoke Dip
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8
5 cups fresh baby spinach (about 15 oz)
1 1/2 cups cannellini beans (one 15 oz BPA-free can)
1 cup jarred or canned artichoke hearts
2 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon sea salt
Small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the dish
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded Mozzarella
Crudités, whole grain sliced bread, or crackers for dipping
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a large pot with a steamer insert, steam the spinach until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Transfer to a colander to drain. When it’s cool enough to touch, squeeze out the water with your hands and coarsely chop. Set aside.
4. Drain the beans and artichoke hearts. Combine the garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and parsley in a food processor and pulse to coarsely chop.
5. Add the beans, artichoke hearts, olive oil, lemon zest, and juice to the processor and give it a few pulses until it forms a chunky puree. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
6. In a separate bowl, stir together the Parmesan and Mozzarella. Add half of the cheese mixture and all of the spinach to the bean mixture, stirring with a spoon to break up any clumps.
7. Grease an ovenproof dish such as an 8-inch cast-iron pan. Pour the dip into the pan and sprinkle the remaining cheese mixture on top. Bake until just browned and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish the dip with some chopped parsley and serve hot with the crudités or whole grain bread.
~ Courtesy of The Sprouted Kitchen by Sara Forte