Asparagus Soup Recipe
Enjoy this deliciously creamy & nourishing soup on a cold winter’s day – it will warm you from the inside out!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 quarts organic chicken stock
4 red organic potatoes, washed and cut into quarters
2 bunches tender asparagus, tough ends removed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
2 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Creme fraiche* (European-style sour cream)
1. Sauté onions gently in butter until tender.
2. Add stock, garlic and potatoes.
3. Bring to a boil and skim.
4. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Add asparagus and simmer another 10 minutes or so until tender.
6. Blend with a handheld blender.
7. Pass the soup through a strainer to remove any strings from the asparagus.
8. Season to taste.
9. Reheat gently, ladle into heated bowls and serve with creme fraiche.
Combine 1 pint good quality cream and 1 tbsp whole-milk buttermilk, stir well, cover tightly and place in a warm spot for 20-24 hours. Chill well.
~Courtesy of Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon