Apricot & Fig Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe
Discover this delicious and healthy twist on your traditional holiday centerpiece. You will love this unique and tantalizing blend of sweet and savory ingredients. Happy Thanksgiving!
Apricot & Fig Roasted Turkey Breast
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Marinade Time: 1-4 hours
Cooking Time: 1 1/2 hours
1 organic bone-in turkey breast, about 2 ½ to 3 pounds
¼ cup apricot jam
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup filtered water
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, cold-pressed
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 small leak, chopped
8-10 fresh or dried black mission figs (if dried, then rehydrate in filtered water)
1. Rinse the turkey breast and place into a baking dish.
2. In a separate small dish whisk together the apricot jam, balsamic vinegar, water, extra virgin olive oil, chopped oregano, and sea salt.
3. Pour mixture over turkey breast.
4. Place chopped leeks and figs on the bottom of the pan around the turkey.
5. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours or overnight to allow it to marinate.
6. Roast turkey at 325 degrees for 1½ – 2 hours or until juices run clear.
7. To serve, cut the turkey into slices and place the figs, leeks, and juices over the turkey slices.
~Courtesy of The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook by Alissa Segersten and Tom Malterre, MS, CN